Monday, May 11, 2015

Film Post 1

On Thursday that was the second time that I saw Anthony's movie, and I was surprised at some things that I didn't notice before. One example being when the two boys were watching They Shoot Horses Don't They as the women get shot the boy that ends up taking his own life at the end has the blood splatter fade out on his head. The foreshadowing for that part was nicely done and reminds me of the short clip of that movie we saw in AP when the man face gets superimposed with that of his mother's skull. To me the only down fall of the movie was the shaky camera angles but I know that it has to do with the setting in Final Cut and that he was quickly trying to clean up the footage so the editor tends to do that to your footage if you set it too high. But since most people don't know about film editing like that i'm pretty sure no one caught it much, and if anything that sort of shaky and in and out it does actually added to some parts of the film. Overall I was well put together and Anthony did a wonderful job!

I don'y even know where to begin with Monty Python, I was completely lost since I have never seen the movie and I had missed Friday. Other than that It was pretty good, I felt a super deep connection with The Knights of Ni. As I was taking notes during the movie it reminded me of three things, an SNL skit, Robin Hood Men in Tights and Sponge Bob. Sometimes in Sponge Bob they would cut to live scenes like those in Monty Python which I wouldn't be surprised now if they have been ripped from movies like this. It seems like the connection to Robin Hood was pretty obvious since they are both ridiculous movies. And when it came to the SNL it reminded me of some of the skits or movies that the past crew members have made such as Coneheads, Wayne's Worlds, Superstar or Night at the Roxbury. It made me really miss the old SNL :( 

1 comment:

  1. Great connections here! If you miss the old SNL (as I do), watch Inside Amy Schumer.

    ReplyDelete