Friday, June 5, 2015

Film Post 3

I found this movie very interesting and made me want to read the book. When you told us about the group of English majors who actually have not read the book I was expected to be bored out of my mind, but glad I wasn't. I never really knew what the book was about before but seeing how it's about racial inequality was really surprising to me. It was also interesting to see this story unfold through the innocent perspective of a child. It seemed by doing this we begin to view the movie in a more simplistic light. Having the story told like this makes it so that we are seeing the break down of the story in a more curious and naive light. Such as Scout's father explain why she shouldn't use the N word or the children's fascination with Boo Radley while the adults though other wise. By doing this we are still able to see how complex racial inequality is (even till this day!) but by being told this way shows how clearly wrong this all is. Overall I loved the movie, even that weirdly cute ending with Boo Radley.

And what you said about how people were banning a book they've never read, which is which is extremely unfortunate and pretty ridiculous. I feel that this should be a required book to read in all high schools since it has so much to offer. All these bans on what you can and can't read is ridiculous, as high school students we probably saw worse things to one another than what is in these books. THAT'S ANOTHER THING people these days through around the N word as though it's nothing WHEN PEOPLE HAVE DIED JUST SO THAT THE GENERATION AFTER THEM WOULDN'T HAVE TO BE CALLED JUST TERRIBLE NAMES AND CAN BE TREATED RIGHT.

No comments:

Post a Comment