Monday, April 13, 2015

Diagnostic Exam: Othello Reflection

Out of all three readings I felt the most confident reading this one. When I read it the first time I focused on repeated words and tried to get the literal mean out of each line. After that I read it the second time, this time I focused on detail, the relationship between Othello and the other characters as well as Othello since he's the one speaking to us. After I did both of these readings and wrote down what I got from each way, I read through the TP-CASTT paper and then read through it a third time will filling the chart out. Once I finished filling out the TP-CASTT I compared my notes of my first two readings to what I had written in the TP-CASST. I realized that after doing the TP-CASST I understood the play so much better and found it easier to answer the questions.
The questions that I found that I need to study more are the ones that have to do with rhythm, vocabulary and the paraphrased lines (question 37). When checking my answers I noticed that the answers that I got wrong for this section were always that one answer that's there to F you up. The right answer was always the one I marked as my second choice, only one of them was marked as my third. Seeing this made me feel a lot better about this poem/play unit we're doing now. I felt I was going to do the worst this unit and that I wasn't going to be able to understand the poems/plays, but when seeing what I got right and wrong it showed that I'm looking for the right things, that I just need to brush up on my terms so that one answer that seems right will stop tripping me up.

No comments:

Post a Comment