Monday, April 13, 2015

Spring and Fall Reaction



Picking apart a poem and analyze it line by line like that was pretty hard for me. When reading we are always asked to read the whole story and just get to the main points or a sort of summary. When looking at the big picture it's okay if you didn't understand a sentence or two here and there, more than likely as you read on it will become to make more sense to you. When you reading something line by line like that, it makes it harder to go off as a whole. But I can also see how reading a poem like this can help, especially when trying to find parts to talk about in your writing or just the multiple ways you can analyze something when all the pieces you broke down are put together. I'm not very good when it comes to poems, but going through different poems and alternating between this method of reading or doing the TP-CASTT a few times a week I know I will become a lot more confident in poems in no time.

No comments:

Post a Comment